You can use this trick that is mentioned below to make the 4G SIM card work on your 3G phone. However, remember that you can use only 3G service only and this would be considerably faster than the ones provided by the other service providers.
- Android 4.4 KitKat or above
- MediaTek or Qualcomm chipset.
- To use the Jio SIM card on any 3G phone, you need to follow these steps. Make sure to be careful before proceeding with these steps.
- First, download and install the MTK Engineering Mode app on your phone.
- This app will let you run an advanced Setup from the MTK phones' Engineering Mode Menu. This is also known as Service Mode.
- Open the installed app or enter the mobile-specific code for Engineering Mode.
- Tap on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option.
- Then, you need to choose the network mode from 4G LTE, WCDMA or GSM. You can save it and restart your phone.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong during the process. Users should proceed at their own risk.